View the original post on the Say Not Sweet Anne blog!
- Skill: Beginner
- Designer: Kayla - Say Not Sweet Anne
Needed Materials, Tools, and Surfaces
- Simply Art Wood Panel
- Loew-Cornell Sandpaper
- Simply Art Acrylic Paint
- Simply Art Acrylic Paintbrushes
- Twine or ribbon
- Stencil/die cut/steady hand (to write the words)
- Begin by sanding the edges and surface of your base. This will make the finished item look much nicer, and it only takes a second.
- Choose your base coat color and apply 1 even coat. Let dry and repeat until both sides of your base look even. Let dry.
- Using vinyl, stencils or freehand, write “BOO” on the front of the sign. I opted to add this adorable ghost, too.
- Once that is dry, write “BOO-HOO” and “No more Candy” on the back side.
- Add a bow or some other finishing touches to your sign.
- Finally, use the twine or string to hang the finished sign. You could place it in the center of a spooky wreath, hang it on a doorknob, or prop it up against some pumpkins on your front step.