Check out the full post on the Francois Et Moi blog!
- Skill: Beginner
- Designer: Erin Francois
Needed Materials, Tools, and Surfaces
- 5 Simply Art Wood Coasters
- Sheet of Craft Foam
- Glue Stick
- Outdoor Craft Paint
- Loew-Cornell Fine Sponge Dabber
- Simply Art Paint Brushes
Step by Step Instructions
- Begin by painting 4 of the coasters a contrasting base color such as white. Set aside to dry.
- Then trace the round shape of one of the coasters onto your craft foam sheet. Free hand draw the inner workings of citrus fruit, including the seeds!
- Then cut out the shapes.
- Use a glue stick to adhere the shapes onto the wood side of the extra coaster.
- Next transfer paint onto your new stamp with a sponge dabber. Use enough paint to really cover the foam shapes, but not so much that the paint puddles when stamped.
- Line up the stamp with the coaster and stamp away.
- Lastly add the “rind” to your citrus fruit with a thick paint line around the perimeter of the coaster.